Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Enrique Del Rosario

Gauge developers

Hi everybody!

Is there any gauge developer around here. Wishmaster... are you here or any other GURU? Maybe you're willing to help me with this. I'm a complete beginner to gauges, in fact this is my first experiment. My question... is there any special procedure to save the gauge bmp? I CAN'T make them to show up in FS9. I'm working in Corel PaintShop; I have tried saving the bmp in RGB 8 bit/channel, 256 color, 32K, etc. but it does not appear on the panel. Just to illustrate: I installed the gauge in the default Cessna using FS Panel Studio...

scrshot8941951736.jpg

And this is what I get...

scrshot8932026009.jpg

PLEASE!!!!!!!! Any help, advice, suggestion, idea... anything will be more than welcome and highly appreciated.

Thank you very much in advance.

Hi!

I think that no special procedure is required. Just use ordinary BMP file format and 256-bpp color depth.

The cause why this gauge is missing in MSFS can lay not only in bitmap properties, but also in gauge code. Do you use XML or C++ coding?

BR

Alexander

Thank you very much Alexander for your answer. I'm using XML... if the bmp isn't that relevant and if the XML coding can cause this problem, then most probably is the coding. As I said before I'm brand new to gauges and this is my first experiment. Do you program in XML? if yes, would you help me to track the problem? Can I send you a PM with the coding so you can tell me if you see any error? That would be great!

Thanks again Alexander

Enrique,

Yes, I prefer XML for gauge coding.

It is a standard recation of MSFS to stop parsing gauge with errors, so the gauge is not dislpayed.

I can recommend you to comment gauge elements one-by-one, checking gauge behaviour every time. So, you can locate the "problem element" and than study it in details.

BR

Alexander

Hi guys!

Alexandr,

Once again, thanks for your help and advice. I just want to share that after many hours of frustrating searching I finally found the culprit. There was nothing wrong neither with the bitmap nor with the coding... the problem was the cab. I use a little program ("Cab Maker") to cab files and this was the problem. For some reason, some bmps don't load when cabbed with this program... at least in my experience. When I loaded the gauge uncabbed from a folder everything worked fine. Here are couple of pictures of the gauge fully working... AT LAST!!!

scrshot8922818046.jpg

scrshot8953211841.jpg

God bless you all,