Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tabbi

Help For More Attractivness

If I look around in the small section of our english speaking forum I would like to improve it with your help (and the help of the others moderators).

Many users read the thread and it is visited well.

So how can we do more for you/us?

Write me your suggestions.

For instance, you like help sections, translated informations or a links to the great russian informations?

I know we all speak less russian or hm yeah nothing ;-) (I start learning russian in summer semester in my university).

I´ll be glad that we could assist our russian friends here with their forum but we have to help.

Go on and think about what informations we need here in this section.

Thank you

privjet, thank you for adressing this topic.

I would like to see more descriptions of all those excellent freeware planes like SCS tu134, PT154, etc. They are so much above the standard in regards to system depth and "realism" that it is a shame to find so little additional info in English. Especially I would like to have sample flights or a link to files with preset conditions and an explanation how to fly....everything that goes deeper in details is in russian, if somebody could translate the most important stuff that would be great .. (I know it is a lot of work and people have reallife jobs and obligations..) So a help section with sample flights (or links to these files) could be a starter.

Learning Russian is definitely no mistake...

paka!

Hello Orti, :D

if you need informations about the SCS Tu134, PT154 I suggest that you will visit the appropriately forum Project Tupolev.

But I think you allready knows the forum :)

There you´ll find all information about the most important big russian planes, help and a section in german.

If you look there to most airplanes you find english manuals for the PT154 is a great short german pdf (only for start up the engines) and the sample flights are included

It´s a hard way I know, at the moment after one week I can only start the engines no flight at the moment

And in the forum by Flightxpress you can find also some informations. There hm I think his Name is Michael, the same person as in the PT Forum is from Austria.

Further information about navigation could be found at SamDim please look at the AN-24. There is an excellent documentation online.

Hm I ask daditto if you can opens a help section. There I´ll and others can put helpfull links and hints, ok? Post the links here or send me by mail.

Hope that help you for the moment.

I am sure the English-speaking visitors to this site would be grateful for more translations of some parts, and regret I only know about four Russian words myself!

Here is my perspective on this.

Many of the web sites we visit for our hobby, and probably in general, are in English. I feel very sorry for people visiting those sites or joining forums, who have English as a second language.

So we English-speakers can't complain, when we come here. We have a button for an English version of a lot of content, the buttons have "ALT" texts in English (at least on IE) and we have this English part of the forum, which is more than a Russian person would find on most English sites.

Sometimes I have used online transaltion services for small parts of text that looked like I should read. That is not often though.

In fact, I rather like discovering a few common phrases from other languages. Any further efforts by those able to translate would of course help many visitors, but the quality of the work available here is very good, some is not available anywhere else, and it is of great interest to learn more about parts of the world a long way from where many of us live.

If the site can be made "English-friendly" without a lot of hard work, that is good. If not, the site will still be excellent.

I have been visiting this site for a few months now.

I am interested in Soviet aircraft as they are some of the most beautiful birds in the air.

I am especially interested in AI aircraft and AI packages dealing with military aircraft as I am a beta tester for MilitaryAIWorks.

The recent release of the Mig29 and the Su-27 were wonderful gifts from Sergey.

While I have just as much trouble as any other non-Russian speaking person who visits here, I actually have fun searching for the files I need.

I try to advertise this site as much as posible to my friends. I believe the only thing you are lacking is more exposure to the flightsim community.

Keep up the good work everyone.

KJ

Well said, Kevin! I couldn't agree more on all points.

I think for a "foreigner" like me, coming to a Russian FS site and having to deal with much of it in Russian is part of the enjoyment. That's my opinion as a mere Новичок! :sarcastic:

Dear All,

We would very glad to help all english-speaking expats here.

If you have any queries please feel free to write them in this branch.

Re my turn, I will try to help you as good as it possible.

BR

Antonio.

If I look around in the small section of our english speaking forum I would like to improve it with your help (and the help of the others moderators).

Many users read the thread and it is visited well.

So how can we do more for you/us?

Write me your suggestions.

For instance, you like help sections, translated informations or a links to the great russian informations?

I know we all speak less russian or hm yeah nothing ;-) (I start learning russian in summer semester in my university).

I´ll be glad that we could assist our russian friends here with their forum but we have to help.

Go on and think about what informations we need here in this section.

Thank you

First suggestion:

It would really be nice if we could translate the whole Russian forum with google translator, I dunno if that could work or not, but I'm really curious at what forum topics the Russians put up on their forum. I'm interested in what they talk about, and what topics they post. They have some really interesting information on flight sim, especially on russian aircraft!

Another suggestion:

I was looking through some addons...for example Armenian planes. I searched "Armenia" in the english version of avsim.su...and I got several results. I thought to myself that there must be more to this than those given matches, so I went to freetranslations.com and I translated from English to Russian the word "Armenia"...and I copied the Russian word in the search box and gave me some new search results...point is that we should either improve the translations manually (which I'm assuming would take way to long)....or switch the google translator to some other translation service (which I'm pretty sure won't happen either).

irst suggestion:

It would really be nice if we could translate the whole Russian forum with google translator, I dunno if that could work or not, but I'm really curious at what forum topics the Russians put up on their forum. I'm interested in what they talk about, and what topics they post. They have some really interesting information on flight sim, especially on russian aircraft!

Unfortunatly, it is not posiible because of a lot of russian slang, jargon; aviation informal words and merely huge abbreviations. Besides the forum has a lot of non aviation (simulation) branches and there is not good deal to translate all those flood in english and to rubbish free web-space, I suppose.

irst suggestion:

Unfortunatly, it is not posiible because of a lot of russian slang, jargon; aviation informal words and merely huge abbreviations. Besides the forum has a lot of non aviation (simulation) branches and there is not good deal to translate all those flood in english and to rubbish free web-space, I suppose.

Yea, like 1/4 of the info in there is what you mentioned, but I find a bunch of important stuff in there, and it's a painstaking process to translate them one by one. I'm imagining it would take up a lot of room...but it would be very useful to all simmers...and I'm assuming the forums would grow because of that, you could probably drag the whole FS community into the avsim.su forums.

Yea, like 1/4 of the info in there is what you mentioned, but I find a bunch of important stuff in there, and it's a painstaking process to translate them one by one. I'm imagining it would take up a lot of room...but it would be very useful to all simmers...and I'm assuming the forums would grow because of that, you could probably drag the whole FS community into the avsim.su forums.

Just copy/paste here what would you like to translate or give me a link to the existing messages.

You could merely post here your question, we will try to find out of it.

Google, or any software-driven translation, is never going to be perfect (and we will often get some laughs!) and slang or jargon (as Mido said) will always be a problem. I have often been discouraged from attending English-language forums where member use slang or worse, modern street-language ("Sup, dude?") or text abbreviations (such as "kthxbai" for "O.K, thanks, goodbye"), because it surely makes things hard for people not comfortable with English.

Having said that, we can hardly complain if Russian speakers on a Russian forum use Russian slang. It is, in the first place, a Russian forum. I am very pleased to be able to visit here and find at least an English section.

There is really no quick, easy answer. People managing a forum volunteer a lot of their time just keeping it open, without considering multiple languages. If I need help, I use online services like http://translation2.paralink.com/ which I sometimes open in a different browser window whan visiting any non-English site. I suppose we need to remember some users ar not just limited to one language, but also are not at ease with computers. The most important thing, I think, is to be patient with one another and to remember that not everything translates clearly and accurately, and not hearing a voice or seeing an expression makes it harder. A joke in one culture may easily turn offensive in another, given all those difficulties!

I know if some term confuses me, there are still friendly people here (Mido - I see you've created a dictionary and done a huge, and useful, job! Thanks!).

As I said before (more than once!), it's a pleasure to make even this small contact with people sharing an interest from places quite different to where I live.

Really many people here know English, but due to small quantity of questions, this thread is visited not very often.

I know if some term confuses me, there are still friendly people here (Mido - I see you've created a dictionary and done a huge, and useful, job! Thanks!).

You welcome!

I'm going to go forward and produce next.

In closest future I'll create new Important branch where you could post any abbreviations or slang or jargon word in russian (like "kthxbai" means "O.K, thanks, goodbye" in english) and we (I mean native russians) will translate it.

I suppose, this deal step will improve your goods with our forum.

What are you thinking about?