Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tabbi

Almaty V2 Problem

Hi there

I have a problem with the ALMATY (UAAA) V2 scenery.

The installer placed the scenery in c:\programme\almaty9\scenery

in that folder are the effects and scenery folder. Hm thougt that the installer placed it in the fs9 directory\addon scenery but didn´t.

Anything I tried won´t work.

I placed it there or anywhere, activated the scenrey in the bibliothek start FS9 at UAAA but nothing happens. FS9 freezes.

I start at a near airport, fly to UAAA and then black screen thougt the scenery load but nope it come a CTD.

So HOW can I use the scenery and how is it right installed?

Thanks.

Hi there

I have a problem with the ALMATY (UAAA) V2 scenery.

T

So HOW can I use the scenery and how is it right installed?

Thanks.

Move fs9/scenery/Almaty9 v2.0 folder to AddonScenery

Move Effects to fs9/effects

I usually install addons for MSFS with Installers to Temporary folder and then

move each folder to FS manually by right path.

Thank you,

now after two times new downloading and deinstallation it works. Nice scenerie. Don´t know what happens.

And sure, I install sceneries with an autoinstaller in a dummy FS9 folder to see which files will be installed. But for that you must have the possibility for choosing the path you want. And this installer does all automatically you can´t choose.

Anyway it works find now.

Hi,

Unfortunatly, some instalators plaсed files in wrong folders when you activated them.

You need to look after it when instalator is in a processing...

I suppose, DVA drop us a good idea with temporary folders.

You should withdraw them into that very folder and after that reschedule!

In FS9 is not a problem, where you put your scenery addon. It can be in any folder. When you add it in scenery library just show the path to it's containing folder.

In FS9 is not a problem, where you put your scenery addon. It can be in any folder. When you add it in scenery library just show the path to it's containing folder.

UATG,

Could you please clarify.

In what folder and which files I need to place in (in case I decide to install it)?

You can run the installer, and if I remember correct you can choose a path to install.

1. Create a folder of your choice e.g. d:\almaty

2. Let the installer extract the scenery there

3. Create a folder where you normaly store your addon sceneries, I put them all to my second hdd sorted by countries

e.g. f:\fs9_addons\countries\russia

4. In that folder create ALMATY

5. copy the complete content from 1. here

Now you must have a folder like this

\ALMATY

\scenery

\texture

Ok grr should tries it before posting.

The installer extract the files automatically without any possibility of choosing another directory in the default add on scenery folder.

But the workaround I explained can used for any installer, so you can look which is in the package.

For package needs the fs9.exe you can do this.

1. create on any hdd the folder

X:\program files\microsoft flight simulator 9

2. copy the exe in this folder

Thats all. Next time point the installer to that folder, he find the exe and all is fine.

Without any folders created before you can now see which folder are created and what is in them.

This is very good for planes (gauges, effects etc) and anything else.

Ah I forgort hihi if you try a lot of freeware planes. DON`T store the gauges in the main gauges folder. Copy the gauges folder in the aircraft folder. Helps deleting if you don´t like the aircraft and your main gauges folder will stay accurate. You only must store them in there if you have any failure in the panel.

Good luck. Hope that help you.

Oops forget something UATG means, that after the installation you have to point the path in the scenery library manually to the correct path.

FS9 library start normally with the default add on folder.

normal open, after new scenery

YAFSS_050.jpg

Now go to your folder

YAFSS_052.jpg

The advantage of this is, that you have all your add on sceneries on a second hdd, if you delete your windows because of any problem you don´t have to install all the sceneries again. Only point the path after new fs9 installation.

Thanks, Tabbi, it's clear now.