Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

masty

Suprunov's Yak 40 stabilizer

Hi there,

I'm currently working myself into the Yak 40 for FSX which is kinda difficult for me due to my very limited Russian language knowledge. I have read the manual about the Yak 40 and I managed to fly from Novosibirsk to Astana ... more or less. Navigation, start up etc. no problem but I really cannot figure out how to activate the stabilizers. I have set up the plane just like it is described in the documentary and calculated the initial stabilizer setting. But when I triggered my knob on the Saitek yoke which is usually signed for trimming, nothing happened. Over the whole flight the stabilizer indicator showed "-3.0". I tried also with "home" and "end" buttons just as it's described in the manual but nothing happens at all. The result is an almost unstearable bird. My assigned buttons for flaps work fine.

Can any1 of you help me please with that stabi issue? If you cannot type it in English it's okay, I'll figure Russian out with google translator. I'll be grateful for any support.

Best,

Ok you guys. I figured out that due to the conversion from FS9 to FSX the stabilizer function has been lost. Nevertheless, I made the elevators work visually because I edited the elevator_trim_effectiveness from 0 to 1. But that does not affect the flying in the FSX. So solutions any1?

Best,