Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

arkieflyer

Adding new Texture's to existing aircraft.

I need help here. I have been away for a bit and am back now and wish to add new textures to existing and new planes. Problem is when I open the cfg file it opens in Microsoft Word and then I try to add the new texture and it will not let me. Can anyone help me here. What program are the cfg's in and should I open with other then word? Thanks for any help here.

arkieflyer (Pete)

Well, I opened the cfg in notepad and made the changes then saved but it will not let me save it. ???? I sure don't remember it being this much of a problem in the past. I am sure that there is something I am doing wrong just what I'm not sure.

what you mean saying "it will not let me save it"? you just should oped cfg file by notepad, make your changes there, then save it.. thats all..

Well, I opened the cfg in notepad and made the changes then saved but it will not let me save it. ???? I sure don't remember it being this much of a problem in the past. I am sure that there is something I am doing wrong just what I'm not sure.

Where is your flight sim install location? If it is in Program Files folder then you have to be a system administrator to edit files there. Alternatively if you have an OS younger than windows XP you can run notepad as administrator and open cfg via File -> Open menu.

Where is your flight sim install location? If it is in Program Files folder then you have to be a system administrator to edit files there. Alternatively if you have an OS younger than windows XP you can run notepad as administrator and open cfg via File -> Open menu.

When we open system it shows that we are the administrator. Our OS is Vista. Just tried to open with notepad and change then save it shows that we can't. I must be doing something wrong. Save, Save As, or Close and save? I have tried all three.

When we open system it shows that we are the administrator. Our OS is Vista. Just tried to open with notepad and change then save it shows that we can't. I must be doing something wrong. Save, Save As, or Close and save? I have tried all three.

Oh yes forgot to say it is on the C drive

If you have user account control enabled (and I think you have) you should try to run notepad as administrator (using right mouse button menu) and open the file.

If it doesn't help the only way I could suggest is to check cfg file permissions.

If you have user account control enabled (and I think you have) you should try to run notepad as administrator (using right mouse button menu) and open the file.

If it doesn't help the only way I could suggest is to check cfg file permissions.

I have it now and want to thank you for your help. One of the things I did was to move from the C drive to the D drive all is well.