Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

fritz1964

What about Moscow?

There was a smal hint in the the official Aerosoft forum, from the Autor´s of "Kamchatka - Lost world" about a scenery for Moscow in FSX (Freeware) in the works... the link goes here to avsim.su... But I cant find it. So I hope that we from the english/german community get a hint about new projects about Moscow. Ladies and gentlemen, let´s face it:

for us foreigners Moscow and St. Petersburg are the entries´s for flights deep into Russia. But if we have not a solid representation of the the typical entries, the flight into Russia is complicated. In FS 2004 it was no question... but in FSX it seems difficult.

What is the actual status of projects for Moscow and St. Petersburg in FSX?

I have often enough told with Aerosoft about such a project... but, there was nothing then negative feedback. They told us users "cant make it because of lack of material, lack of understanding of the autorities in Russia, that we are not spy´s, we cant make it because of copyright is in Russia not protected... " and so on. It seemed, that the did not want to dso anything in this manner. Okay, we have from them Kamchatka - lost wold and Yekaterinburg, nice work, nice russian work and they deal with it. But Moscow and St. Petersburg for FSX may a dream forever?

I have nothing against the sceneries, that are available, but I think, there is a urgend need for more. First for Sheremetjevo and Domodedovo in today´s standart and a very urgend need for Pulkovo... But... FSX is a VFR-simulation and I hope, sometimes it is possible to get the cities in all their glory to...

Hallo Fritz,

there are some existing projects out there, but only few of them are currently ongoing, most of them are have been put on hold. Check those links below to get the idea.

http://msfs.msk.su/

http://www.avsim.su/...to/page__st__40

there are similar problems with big airport sceneries as well. Too many people in the recent past had tried to create a descent UUEE or UUDD scenery, but only with a mixed outcome. I'm actually quite curious why the guys from Aerosoft don't pay much attention to the issue. The're are enough fellow members of this very particular forum who have enough real aviation connections to provide any info necessary or who work in this industry themselves. So like I said - the Aerosoft policy is rather strange so far, but who am I to critisize them, what with them guys being really huge,huge,huge... :)

We here in Germany estimate your work very much. However, it would be lighter for us if the English forum transmitted more information about novelties to us. Yes, for example I have seen the work of another team on Sochi URSS. AS former Eastgerman I am very interested. It is part also of my personal history.. This is a big request, I know.... but.. it would also make the aviation in Russia and the other states of the former Soviet Union here more popular and also put Aerosoft under pressure to act a little bit more.

Best regards

Andreas